My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Monday, August 29, 2005

Time to Study

Spring and summer have come and gone since my last blog. Those months are always so wonderfully chaotic and fun in a teacher's household. As I now settle back into a normal school routine I realize that it is time to get back to work.

The work I'm talking about is that of doing real study in God's Word. Sure, I've spent plenty of time reading the Bible. I've read through several of the propehtic books of the Old Testament in the last few months and am currently well into Isaiah. But I have been lazy in my study. And I've been wrong.

God doesn't want my Christian life to be mindless or the haphazard result of casual reading. God has planned for His Word to have daily and increasing impact in my life. I'm told to "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."(2 Tim 2:15 NKJV)

I don't know that I'll blog every study. But by God's grace and in His strength I am committed to grow in knowledge and application of God's Word so that I can one day present myself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home